Village Fete 2020
Saturday 6th June 2020 on Elsenham Playing Field 1pm - 4pm
As plans start to come together for the fete we would like to put a call out to anyone in the village who would like to help on the day. It’s a busy day, it’s hard work – and it is lots and lots of fun! We particularly need help at the end of the fete when we take down all the tents – please get in touch if you can help with this.
This year, for the first time we are having a Food Court, grouping all the food and drink together with a seating area in the middle. It means that you can all sit together irrespective of the food you choose.
As always there will be a stupendous Raffle and those fabulous Classic Cars will be back. If anyone has a vehicle they would like to bring along please get in touch – the more the merrier!
Would any village organisation like to run a Pimm’s and Prosecco bar? Hard to believe but we are still looking for volunteers for this.
There are lots of ways you can get help – maybe by joining us in our monthly brain storming sessions, helping to organise certain aspects of the fete, by running a stall, helping to set up on the big day or by giving us some fresh ideas of what you would like to see at our fete – take your pick. You can help in a big way or as little as you feel conformable with – any help is much appreciated.
Please do get in touch and join us in putting on this brilliant event for our village. Whatever you can do, we’d love to hear from you.
This event takes place on the playing field and in the Memorial Hall.
Note! The Parish Council has byelaws prohibiting dogs on the playing field, so please leave them at home (and don’t tell them where you’re going!)
• We still need more classic cars and motorbikes and penny farthings would be welcome, so if you have one and wish to show it off please feel free to bring it along, it is always a welcome event with fete-goers.
• If you have a tent or gazebo we would love to borrow it as, being England, weather cover is always a concern.
• Any large or small groups who would like to sing, dance, or display in our arena to entertain through the course of the afternoon, please contact us.
• We still have spaces for stall-holders and would love to have new people to open a stall as well as our usual ones, variety is the spice of life.
• Some volunteers have already contacted us to assist with setting up and staying on to take down after the event but we still need more please, if you always had a desire to run away to the circus, we can assist by letting you put up a load of tents and gazebos. Please contact Elaine: email@example.com
We hope you attend the fêe in whatever capacity and enjoy yourselves, bring family and friends for a great afternoon of fun. Thank you… see you there.